Thursday, March 30, 2006

Getting Acquainted


I would like to introduce myself even though if you are reading this you most likely know me personally or through a friend or the internet. My name is Megan and I am the very proud mommy of Alyssa. I am currently 24, but on April 11th I will become a quarter of a century old! I am a student at Alvernia College double majoring in Special Education and Elementary Education. I do not work persay, but I am loving being a stay at home mom. I am married to the love of my life, Luke. He and Alyssa are the best things to ever have happened to me. I love them more than life itself. I have a very wonderful family as well; I have been blessed with not just one mother and father, but two mothers and two fathers. Words cannot express the impact that they have had on me and the person that I have become. I also have 2 half sisters and a step-sister and a step-brother. My half-sister by my mom is Kimberly. She is an amazing woman with a very generous heart. She is beautiful and very career-oriented. My half-sister by my dad is Kelsey and she is in the pre-teen years (you can imagine), but nonetheless she is perfect... I couldn't ask for a sweeter little sister. I use that term loosely because by this time next year she will be my "big" little sister. My step-sister, Shanna is the mother of my two nephews, Zachary and Josh. She is shorter than me (not very easy), so now I can honestly say that she is my big "little" sister. She is married to a man, Scott, that she has been with for over half of her life. Finally, my step-brother Zane is a very talented artist and an overly sweet guy. I have many cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents that are just as dear to me, but I would be here forever if I listed them all.

Luke's family: If you saw this before April 7, you would have noticed that I never mentioned anything about Luke's family. How rude of me! How could I forget his mom and his dad because if it weren't for them, I would not have Luke or my beautiful little girl. And I can't make mention of Luke's mom without also mentioning her boyfriend. Most kids think that he looks like Santa so I guess he will have a lot of fun in the next few years! In addition, Luke happens to be the youngest of four kids. His oldest brother is Joel and he is a lot of fun and very caring. Then there is Danny. He is such a great uncle. He loves Alyssa so much and he really showsit. And finally there is Ang... the only girl out of the four children. She is now pregnant with Alyssa's cousin. She is beautiful and a lot of fun to be around as well. Though our families are different, we have a lot of fun together and enjoy being around one another!

My friends: My best friend is Missy. She is one of the most loving and caring women I know and she is a dedicated and lovely mother to her beautiful daughter Jadyn. Unfortunately she has been dealt some pretty bad hands in her life, but she has overcome them with strength and integrity. She is the kind of person that everyone should strive to be like. I also need to mention some of the sweetest ladies I have ever met; I worked with them at the daycare that became my second home up until Alyssa was born. Melissa, you are one of the best friends I have. I love being around you because you have such a positive energy and a very loving heart. No one ever does wrong in your eyes. Nicole, how would I have gotten through the summer without you! You leaving was my final reason for not wanting to return. You're the best. Bridget- well honestly I couldn't speak more highly of you! Your laugh still makes me smile and the thought that you were the person sitting next to me with your arm around me the day that I found out I was going to have a baby means so much to me. Kayla- wow, all the effort you went through to make my pregnancy so special; the shower was amazing. I loved the fact that you did that for me. You are awesome! And the rest of my friends- I love you all! Thank you for everything you have ever done for me.

A little background on me and Luke: I met Luke in October 2001 at Berks Lanes during midnight bowling. I cannot honestly say that it was love at first sight, but it was so close! I noticed him from the moment I saw him. He was this incredibly handsome guy. But then he talked! Let's just say it is a surprise to me that we are even married now. The things that came out of his mouth were your not-so-typical corny pickup lines, yet they were still pickup lines. But as I got to know him, I fell in love, and hard! That was the last thing I wanted since I had just gotten out of a not-so-great long term relationship. But I do not regret one minute that I spent falling in love with Luke. Our first date was after I got off of work second shift and we went to a diner, then returned to my mom's house (the house I was living in at the time) to watch movies. And we really did. He was such a gentleman. The next morning, after about an hour of sleep, he left with a simple goodbye kiss on the cheek. He really impressed me. Not a lot of guys are such gentlemen. The weeks passed and there were many nights of late-night conversations dreaming of what the future held for us. For those of you who know Luke, you are probably beyond stunned right now, but he really was very romantic (at one time). By Christmas that year, we were both so in love with one another and we wanted to say it to each other so that we would remember it forever. I created a scavenger hunt with each answer of the hunt having a letter in "I love you". He knew I was going above and beyond to tell him "something" so he decided he needed to out-do me and that he did! He spelled out "I love you" with Christmas lights in his dad's yard. He blindfolded me till we got there and took it off right when I was standing in front of it. I cried. His romance did not stop with just that, he also perfectly planned out the proposal. I love, love, love the beach and we went down over the 4th of July in 2002 with my mom and step-dad. It was his first trip to the beach so he really did not know what to expect. Well, on the night of 4th of July, as we sat and watched the fireworks, he proposed to me using my cell phone as a distraction. He wrote a text message saying "I just wanna tell you that I love you with all my heart and that I wanna spend the rest of my life with you so..." and as I looked up from my phone, he was on one knee, ring in his hand saying "Will you marry me?" I started sobbing and when my mom asked what I said, he replied "I don't know, she hasn't answered me yet!" 13 months later on August 16, 2003, I became a blushing bride. I will save the details of our wedding for a later entry since this entry was to "brief" everyone on my life.

Now the reason for starting this blog/online journal. One, I want to keep everyone in touch with what is going on in our lives, since some days making phone calls is next to impossible. I want to share with everyone the milestones that Alyssa has reached and I just want to brag about my beautiful little girl. But also, I want to have this for Alyssa when she gets older. I want her to know just how important she is to me, her daddy, her grandparents, aunts, uncles, "aunts", and others. I hope people will add comments or share stories in this blog because I know she has impacted and will continue to impact your lives as much as she has ours.

No comments: