Thursday, December 07, 2006

Strike a Pose...

A while back, I posted how I was going to stop getting Alyssa's portraits taken on a monthly basis because they were piling up on my kitchen table. Nothing really has changed there except the location! So, it definitely doesn't surprise me that I am only posting Alyssa's fall portraits (taken in October) and her one year portraits now. I am extremely satisfied with how both sets of portraits turned out.

The fall portraits were taken at Walmart. I wanted something fairly inexpensive since they were so close to her birthday. I managed to get a decent size package since the last package I got was in June.

The fall portraits...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Alyssa's one year portraits were taken at Sears the day after her birthday. She made it quite an experience as you will see! The first pose (first two pictures) she did really well for... she was happy and smiling. The next two poses she was starting to get fussy. And by the fourth pose, she wanted nothing to do with getting her picture taken anymore. The photographer did an awesome job with that picture... It's probably my favorite picture of her yet.

Then we did an outfit change and she was ok at first. But then she started to get really sick of getting her picture taken again as you can clearly see in the last picture. The photographer figured since she was already upset, why not try to play dress up! Absolutely a precious idea and I even love the picture despite the fact that she is crying in it.

Does it make me a mean mommy if I think that her most adorable pictures are the ones where she is crying? I know she is going to hate them once she is older but I can't help but to love them!

One year portraits...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I hope you enjoyed these pictures as much as I do!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Black & White...looks like she's having the kind of day I had yesterday! She suits he name perfectly...Sweet Alyssa!

Anonymous said...

I love the photo where she's covering her face. Very unique. I love her! Happy First Birthday Alyssa!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I love them all! Even though she is crying she looks so great!

Love, Kelsey

The Amazing Trips said...

Oh my gosh, Meg - she is getting so big and so beautiful!!!

It's incredible how fast they grow up ... isn't it?! So, are you taking her to see Santa this year?? :)