She is now at the age where she imitates the things people do. In my mind, when toddlers imitate someone doing something, it's because it is something they get to see on a regular basis~ very often. Which amuses me because two weeks ago as I sat at my dad's for Gammy's birthday, Alyssa walked around with the toy cell phone in hand. It was one that opened (like mine) and as she would walk, she had it open and was pressing the keys as if she was text messaging. Then she would put the phone to her ear and in an excited tone start talking, "Blah, blah, blah, ma, ma, da, da..." and sometimes even laugh here and there. The best part was when she tried to put the phone to her ear with her shoulder and it would fall to the floor. You could see the frustration. But she would pick it up, go grab a tissue from the tissue box, pretend to blow her nose and then use the tissue to clean off the phone (like she sees me and Danielle do)! I found it rather cute about the holding the phone to her ear with her shoulder because even though I don't do that much with my phone, I know Luke does.
While talking/texting on the phone isn't exactly the habit I would like Alyssa to start, I do think it's adorable. And she's so animated when she's doing it that you almost belive she is really talking to someone on the other end. But with this new age, I also guess it's time to really watch what we do/say. She is a sponge... picking up on EVERYTHING!
Please do not mind the quality of this picture... this is what happens when you try to take a picture with your camera phone! But you can get the idea... she is texting on her toy phone.

No comments:
Post a Comment