Sunday, August 26, 2007

Meet Gavin Ryan

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

While away on vacation, my newest nephew, Gavin Ryan was born. The third son of my sister Shanna and brother-in-law Scott, he was born weighing 6lbs 1/2oz and was 19 inches long. Gavin, their miracle baby since my sister had her tubes tied in April 2006, was born by C-section on August 6th.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

He had some troubles when he first was born... amniotic fluid in his lungs and jaundice, but other than that he is a bouncing baby boy. I went to visit him and the rest of the family the day after I got back from vacation during which I completely fell in love with him. So tiny and so dependent... I don't remember Alyssa being a newborn at all!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Both brothers are excited, though I think it shows a little more with Josh (now the middle child). Up until that day, he would help Shanna with the baby, but that day he was nursing a strained muscle in his leg.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I have not gone back to visit since I am just getting over a head-cold but I plan to in the next couple of days... possibly taking Alyssa along to meet her baby cousin. She was not with for the initial meeting since she tends to get jealous when all of my attention is not on her. It should be interesting!

No comments: