Friday, May 05, 2006

Eating Like a Pro

Alyssa's eating habits started out a bit rocky... did not eat a lot and when she did it was on her own terms. She ate a couple of spoonfuls and spit out most of what was on the spoon before I got a chance to get the spoon to her mouth again. It was a mess.

What am I saying?! It still is a mess, but this timea "good" mess. Alyssa loves to eat! She gets so excited when she sees the spoon heading her way. Her arms go flailing and she moves all around. Then when I put the spoon in her mouth she either sucks on the spoon and/or tries to put her fingers in her mouth which I do not discourage her from doing because I was told that this encourages her to feed herself. So I figure if she is trying to "feed" herself I will compromise. I know her feeding time gets messy so instead of fighting it, I just let it happen. But not without stripping her down to just her diaper. Yet, she still manages to get really messy but at least it is less wash that I must do!

Her likes/dislikes... She seems to really love sweet potatoes, carrots, applesauce, and peaches. She just tried green beans and didn't seem to care for them too much. I will be introducing her to bananas and pears soon. I hope she gets my eating habits (likes/dislikes) over her daddy's because at least I like fruits and veggies!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

She likes "feeding" herself!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

All cleaned up
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Even messy she's cute. She's showing her independence (I can do it myself). Yes, even at this young age.