Friday, May 05, 2006

Her Nursery: A Work in Progress

I thought that Alyssa's room was complete months ago but she has gotten so many things... toys, clothing, stuffed animals (Note: She doesn't need anymore clothing and stuffed animals) that her room became so cluttered. It amazes me how one little person can own so much in her short life. We have one of those hanging organizers FILLED with stuffed animals, 6 bins under her crib filled with clothing. Before last week, her closet was stuffed to the gills and there was miscellaneous stuff floating all over her room. My small "office area" in her room is quickly becoming Alyssa's space. I had to move the bookshelves out (into our bedroom) and all of my college/teaching books into a bin in the basement. With the help of some friends I got some ideas of ways to organize her room a little better. I got an over-the-door organizer that I have her blankets, towels, washcloths, shoes and bath stuff in. It works really well. Last week, I "emptied" out her closet and put a lot of the things that aren't needed right now in the crawl space next to her closet. And with the help of my mom we got Alyssa's room ready to start sleeping in by the time she is 6 months old. We got the camera (for the video monitor) hung up as well as the shelves I painted and the quilt that was cross-stitched for her by a lady from church. Everything got dusted and the room vaccuumed. It really is a lot more organized and now looks a ton better. And Gammy just finished her beautiful cross-stitch "announcement" in time for that to be hung up in her room as well (before all of the wall space disappeared). I am very happy with how the room turned out. It is perfect for our little girl!

Her nursery before the invasion of the stuffed animals and clothing and other things!!!! (The crib and changing area still pretty much look the same. We didn't move too much around there!)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After the invasion, but before we did the overhaul
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The final outcome! (It may not look too different but it really is!)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

That over-the-door organizer
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The room looks good. Just wait till she's a pre-teen and then she how "well" it looks.

Megan said...

Ha ha, Gammy! Are you speaking from experience?! Ha ha ha!

Anonymous said...

the room really went through a big change, it looks great megan!