Monday, August 07, 2006

100 Days

Look at that! Her countdown says 100 days until Alyssa turns O-N-E. Where did the time go? I know I say that very often, but I feel like I was just posting her 6 month montage. I mean, wasn't i? Did 2 1/2- almost 3 months really go that fast?!?!

100 days... SIGH... will I always feel this apprehension?

Anyway, in honor of the countdown to Alyssa's first birthday going down to the double digits, I have a fun little post about her. In blogger world, it is called a "MeMe" and it is something that you tag other bloggers with. I wasn't necessarily "tagged" nor do I know how to tag others, I just figured it would be something fun to do!


3 Things About Me-Me (Alyssa's thoughts translated by mommy)

3 things that scare me...
*Daddy yelling "Ouch"
*Smokey barking
*trains

3 people that make me laugh...
(Do I really have to limit it to 3? And people?)
*Mommy- she knows exactly how to make me laugh. It doesn't matter if she is purposely tickling me or if she is putting sunblock on me, I will laugh! And she can talk to me and I will burst out into laughter.
*Daddy- he calls me "Poopy" in this high-pitched voice. I don't think that is a great name for me since that is what mommy calls some of my diapers. Or is she saying "Poopy's diapers"... and who is she talking to about my diapers?
*Smokey- he's not a person, but I cannot narrow down the other people who make me laugh. He is pretty funny looking too... you should see him when he chases his tail!

3 things I love...
*the pool
*swings
*taking a bath

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

3 things I'm not too crazy about...
*going to sleep
*getting sunblock on my face
*hats

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

3 things on my floor...
*toys
*exersaucer
*a blanket (for me to scoot off of even though mommy puts it down so I won't come in contact with a lot of dog/cat hair)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

3 things I don't understand...
*how to pull myself up
*walking
*how to crawl more than one or two "steps"

3 things I'm doing right now...
*dancing to music that mommy has playing (rocking back and forth)
*adding more sounds to my vocabulary (mommy likes to have conversations with me while she is typing. It's no wonder some of her words are mispelled)
*crawling, sitting up, crawling, sitting up (that's how I get across the room)

3 things I can do...
*Pinch
*kick my legs in the pool/splash with my hands
*pick everything up off the floor

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

3 things I cannot do...
(I already kind of answered this question)
*feed myself
*walk unassisted
*stand without holding onto something

Desribe my personality
*extremely happy- I couldn't have a better mommy and daddy and better grandmas, grandpas, aunts, uncles, and cousins!
*loving- can I be anything else when all anyone wants to do is hug and kiss me?
*easy-going- you have to be with my family (the hugs and kisses)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

3 things I think you should listen to...
*my "Glimpse of Heaven" lullabies CD from my Gammy
*"Somewhere Over the Rainbow"- Hawaiian version that is on the Rice Krispies commercial
*my laughter (mommy seems to always laugh or cry when she hears it)

My 3 favorite foods...
(Again, I can only pick 3!)
*sweet potatoes
*bananas
*animal cookies

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

*3 things I drink regularly...
(You mean there is something other than my bottles!)
*formula
*formula
*and did I mention, formula!

LOL, just kidding... here are my real answers
*formula
*flavored water (whether it is out of a cup or from the towel or washcloth when in the tub or pool)
*lemonade (Grammy spoils me)

3 shows I watch...
*The Best of Elmo (that was Aunt Kelsey's when she was a baby)
*Elmopalooza (Grammy bought this for my cousin Zachary when he was a baby)
*Baby Einstein (a gift from my Aunt Kimberly)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

3 babies I tag...
*Carolyn, William, and Elizabeth (I know this takes care of my 3 in one shot, but I have to make mention of my other cyber friends)
*Nathan
*Imri

There you go! A little bit about me... Hope you had fun! And thanks for all of the recent new visitors to my blog that mommy works so hard to update and make enjoyable for you. Tomorrow mommy will be the one thinking out the posts. This is tough work! I think I will go to sleep now...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

6 comments:

The Amazing Trips said...

Hey Meg - we'll definitely get around to this blog tag when we have a spare moment (I've got a backlog at least 3 weeks long for our blog - - stuff I must write about before I forget it entirely!!!)

I also just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking about you. Remember ... everything has God's Fingerprints on it. Everything. :)

The Amazing Trips said...

Take it from me ... don't let what someone else's behavior - negatively affect you. When you let them control YOUR actions - they win. If you've got a troll - delete their comments. Please keep your blog name ... I love it. :)

Once again, I quote one of my (other) favorite mottos of all time ... "Poop on 'em."

Anonymous said...

Meg,

I just love the little pics with Alyssa in her suit and hat. Also, of course, her sleeping.

Thanks for sharing.

Tracy

Anonymous said...

It sucks that you had to change the address. Some people are just real idiots. I am sorry to hear all you are currently going through. You have been in my prayers and will continue to be. Take care of your self and that sweet baby of yours. Things will get better soon.

Jenny Quld said...

Lovely post, I was worried that I wasn't going to be able to get my cute baby fix, sorry to hear about your troll.

Jenny Quld said...

Dear Megan
I have been checking back to see how you all are. Just wanted to check that all is well.