Monday, October 23, 2006

Facing the Trolls

As Alyssa's first birthday approaches, I realized that I need to face the troll that kept me in hiding for so long. Why I allowed this troll to keep me from doing what this blog was originally intended for, such as sharing with friends and family in Alyssa's achievements and milestones, I will never know. But I do know that it was not fair to me, to those of you who love and care about Alyssa, and more importantly Alyssa for me to go into hiding. I do not put anything on this blog that could ever "lead a stranger to my doorstep." I do not use this blog to criticize Luke as a dad... the "yelling" was from being pinched. He is a great daddy and I will never deny that! I also do not use this blog to prove to people how much better off I am because anyone who knows me and knows what is going on in my life at the moment knows I'm not better off! I do not use this blog as a bragging post---> it is a blog about my daughter and what I feel about being a mother after struggling to get pregnant. This is something I want Alyssa to be able to see one day. I want her to read each and every post and the comments that go along with them and be able to really see what she was like as a baby, a toddler, a pre-schooler, and so on. This is my virtual baby book or even my diary for her since I find it is much easier and more worth it to get on the computer, type about her day and then sit back and read the beautiful comments people leave for her/about her. Which brings me to my next point...

The Golden Rule: "If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all!" If you don't like what I'm doing, instead of hiding behind anonymous (which I no longer allow anyway), write me an email and let me know that way. Unfortunately for the troll this is directed at, I've blocked all incoming email! Needless to say, please think about Alyssa's feelings when you are making a comment because she will one day read them!

Finally, I really must apologize for my long absence from everything! Life has seemed to be a whirlwind for me and I'm finally starting to get my feet grounded again. In the last 2 1/2-3 months, I've realized that certain things in life are more important than others. It's time for me to put this blog back on my list of priorities. It's my time to "escape" and really focus on my #1 priority... my beautiful and amazing baby girl!

Within the next couple days, I will be posting Alyssa's update and some recent pictures... but here's one for those of you who need an "Alyssa fix". Thanks for being patient with me and I'm so glad to be back!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Megan
I am so pleased you are back! I have been checking regularly and have missed seeing gorgeous Alyssa.
Welcome back!!!!

The Amazing Trips said...

glad to see you back. can't write much at the moment b/c i've got 1 in a bjorn & 1 on my hip ... but will check in soon. love the pmkn pic - can't believe she'll be 1 so soon!!