Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The Long Awaited Update

I know last week I said I would get on here and post an Alyssa update. Well, here it is a week later!!! Keep in mind, there is a lot behind writing a simple post let alone 3 months worth of catching up. I needed to transfer all of the pictures to my computer, do the necessary cropping and cutting, upload them to Photobucket and then resize them. Since I wasn't updating the blog, that also means I wasn't updating Photobucket so I had 3 months worth of pictures to upload. Very time consuming! And what I should have done while I was uploading the pictures was type out this post, but let's just say I need a little help on my time management skills!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Anyway......... enough excuses!

Alyssa is 16 days short of being one! And what a little person she is bcoming. Though she isn't walking yet, she sure can get around by crawling and walking using furniture. And she is FAST!!!! Her favorite thing is to start out in the living room and then crawl all the way out to the kitchen. By the time I get to her, she is sitting right by the cat dish. I pick her up and carry her back to the living room as she laughs. Then she does it again and it turns into this neverending cycle! She absolutely loves it!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Her little laugh is so contagious! When she starts to laugh, everyone in the room stops what they are doing just to listen and then they also laugh. It is the cutest thing ever.

And her personality... well, it justs shines through brighter with each passing day! She is so smart and picks up on EVERYTHING! She loves to play "So big" and give butterfly kisses. Sometimes she will even give regular hugs and kisses. And she loves to dance! Her little body bounces to the beat of the music. I am still trying to figure out where she got her rhythm from because Lord knows she didn't get it from me or from Luke!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

She hasn't said any "real" words yet, but like me and both of her grandmothers, when she starts talking she can go on and on. She has such expression when she is babbling. I think it would be a really interesting story if only I understood baby talk! I think we are in for some real fun in the very near future. LOL!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(her first day of school... approximate time is 5:30am)

A month ago, Alyssa started school. This was a good idea and a bad idea. We'll start with the reason it was a good idea... it is helping with separation anxiety... hers and mine! Alyssa is very much a "mommy's girl" or a "daddy's girl" depending on which one of us is around, which worried me. But as soon as she cannot see us anymore, the crying stops and she goes about her business.

She also recognizes familiar faces. In the morning when one of her teachers, Ms. Peggy, comes to the door, Alyssa gets so excited. She smiles, starts bouncing around and claps. (Keep in mind this is 6am)! My mom also gets the same reaction when she comes in the afternoon to watch her. And I get a more exaggerated reaction when she sees me. More and more, I am noticing that every time Alyssa recognizes someone, the reaction is very similar. It is a lot of fun to watch!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The bad part of this whole daycare scenario... I cannot figure out if Alyssa's nose is running because she is teething or because she is sick. Her first week in daycare, she ended up with a double ear infection. Poor girl! But what is going on with her now is nothing like then which is making me believe that it is either teething or allergies!

Speaking of teething... Alyssa STILL only has 2 teeth. 2! That's it! I know the later they get them is supposed to be better but I feel like the way mothers of bald babies must feel... like she will never get them. I guess it's a fair trade off since Alyssa was born with a full head of hair, more hair than some babies have at a year old. So I guess it makes sense that she doesn't have any more than 2 teeth!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Well, I am sure there is more but I think this update is long enough. I don't want to scare you away after the second post in a long time... plus by not writing everything in one long post, that means I will have plenty to write about until I get back into my writing habit I was in at one point! Again, thank you for being patient with me! There's a lot going on right now with Alyssa's first birthday fast approaching and being midway through my semester at school.

No comments: