Anyone who knows me, knows I am not a big fan of doing housework. Actually I don't mind the actual housework such as dusting and vacuuming and mopping, etc. But what I am not a fan of is the work that is required to get to those things... decluttering, organizing, moving objects. So with that said, one particular job that I really do not like doing all that much even though it doesn't require any "decluttering, organizing, or moving objects" is the laundry.

I am not quite sure why... maybe it has something to do with the fact that when I am in the mood to do it, it takes at least 2 hours until 1 load is completed. If there's a lot of wash,
which there always is in my house,
it could take a day
or week to complete. Tedious may not be the best word to use in this situation but it is something you have to stay on top of because God forbid you leave the clothing in the washer for more than a couple hours, it has to be rewashed because of that pungent smell.


Out of the whole laundry process... the washing, the drying, or the folding, I'd have to say that it's the folding that makes this my least favorite job. This part can definitely be described as tedious, especially if you have clothing that's staticky, shirts that
have a mind of their own and don't want to fold exactly how you want them to, mismatched socks, inside-out shirts,... you get the idea.


So, what is even more frustrating (though adorable) is having to refold the laundry after some little toddler, not mentioning any names,
hmm hmm Alyssa, decides to reach in the basket and pull out the nicely folded clothing O-N-E by O-N-E!!! Like I said, it's adorable because she gets so excited thinking she did something to help me. Little does she know... Oh my little helper!
No comments:
Post a Comment